The Art of Asking a Question
“Do you have any questions you would like to ask us before we wrap things up?” This phrase is no stranger to any job seeker. Make sure you’re prepared when the opportunity arises to ask your questions during your next interview!
- What are the qualities in a person that you’re looking for to fill this position successfully?
- What is the most important role of the position? What are you expecting to be accomplished between 30-90 days?
- What kind of project would I be working on if I started working tomorrow?
- What does a typical work day look like?
- I can see myself as being a positive addition to the team. How far along in the hiring process are you?
- You do not have to wait until the end of an interview to ask your questions. Be attentive and if the opportunity presents itself, divulge.
- Be certain to really listen to the answers of your questions. This means more than just making eye contact and nodding on cue. They are giving you information that they otherwise would not have shared had you not presented your question – this could be vital to the success of your potential job.
Do Not Initially Inquire About:
- Room for growth